If you’re one of those hardworking project managers that drag themselves to work whether they have a cough or a low-grade fever – this quiz is for you.
- You’ve been working every weekend for two weeks without a day off in-between. This is kind of a dead giveaway. I don’t really think I need to explain this one.
- You’re dreaming about your project or you wake up in the middle of the night dreaming about a nightmare project. After few minutes to clear your thoughts and pinch yourself back to reality, you’re able to get back to sleep.
- You can’t remember what day it is.
- You’ve forgotten what month it is at least once in the past two weeks.
- You’re surprised when you hear that it’s March and not February.
- Mondays don’t stand out because every day seems like Monday.
- You start using Project terminology in your personal life. What did you just call a deliverable?
- Your patience is wearing thin. And everyone is stomping up and down on your last nerves.
- You can’t shut off your thoughts about work when you go home.
If you resemble 6 out of 9 of these – you need to take a vacation.
If you resemble 5 out of 9 of these – you need to take a day off.
All kidding aside, you need to take care of your health. Don’t let your project grind you down you until you have nothing left over. If there are other indicators that we should keep an eye on, leave a comment or send me a tweet, my id is jgodfrey.